Danube Tower is located in the 22nd district in the middle of Danube Park, in the immediate vicinity of UNO City and Danube Island.
With a height of 252 meters, the observation tower is the tallest building in Austria and a landmark in Vienna.
Here you will find all important information about Danube Tower.
What Can I Do at Danube Tower?
You can look forward to a spectacular 360° experience at Danube Tower.
The lift takes you in just 35 seconds to the 150 meter high viewing terrace, where you will be rewarded with what is possibly the most beautiful panoramic view of Vienna. Interactive panorama screens provide information about the surrounding attractions in eight languages.
In addition to the sensational view, there is also a first-class gastronomic offerings. Three gastronomy levels - the tower café at 160 meters, the revolving tower restaurant at 170 meters and Donaubräu at the foot of the tower, spoil the palate with a wide range of dishes.
Admission, Tickets and Prices
- Ticket: The single ticket entitles you to entry and a lift ride to the open viewing terrace at a height of 150 meters and to the central floor at a height of 165 meters. Access to the indoor terrace, the tower restaurant and the tower café is subject to availability. Admission for adults costs €14.50. Children from 6 to 14 years pay €9.90. Children under the age of 6 enjoy free entry in combination with an adult or senior ticket.
- Combination Ticket: The following combination tickets are available: “Tower & Wheel”, “Tower & Zoo”, “Tower & Donauparkbahn”, “Tower & Stift”, “Tower & Ship” and “Tower & Time Travel”.
A current overview of the ticket offer can be found here.
Eating in the Restaurant
A special experience is the exclusive revolving restaurant, which is located at 170 meters.
The tower restaurant gradually rotates on its own axis, giving visitors a breathtaking 360° panoramic view.
Culinary delights are provided by the upscale Austrian cuisine, which serves traditional classics such as Wiener Schnitzel, boiled fillet and fried chicken as well as seasonal specialties at lofty heights. The unique atmosphere is also particularly suitable for a romantic dinner with a view of Vienna's evening lights.
Here is the link to the menu of the tower restaurant.
Please note that a reservation is required for the tower restaurant.
Danube Tower Cafe
Also housed in the top of the tower is the rotating tower café.
Traditional Viennese coffee house culture in the style of the 1960s awaits you here at an altitude of 160 meters. Enjoy Viennese pastries such as Sachertorte, apple strudel or Kaisergugelhupf and at the same time admire the magnificent view of the Austrian capital and the surrounding area.
On Saturdays, Sundays and selected public holidays, the Tower Café also offers a delicious brunch. Please note that due to the high demand for brunch, prior reservation is required.
Here is the link to the Tower café menu.
Another café is also located at the foot of the tower: the Donaucafé. Delicious pastries and the Viennese coffee house culture should not be missing here either.
Here is the link to the Donaucafé menu.
Donaubräu at the Foot of the Tower
Donaubräu welcomes you at the foot of Danube Tower.
The hearty Viennese cuisine takes care of your physical well-being. The specialty of the house is the specially brewed tower beer. Enjoy it best in the spacious guest garden in the middle of Danube Park, which was awarded Austria's best beer garden in 2019. The fried chicken and the brewmaster schnitzel are also highly recommended.
Here is the link to the Donaubräu menu.
Events in the Tower
- Christmas: So that your Christmas will be remembered for a long time, the event team of the Danube Tower conjures up Christmassy menus and an atmospheric atmosphere. More here.
- New Year: The Danube Tower is also the ideal venue for an unforgettable New Year's Eve celebration.
- Birthday Parties: The perfect birthday surprise is a birthday party in the tower restaurant of the Danube Tower. Every birthday becomes something very special here.
Your Events: The unique ambience of the Danube Tower offers the perfect setting for special occasions. The five event locations - tower restaurant, tower café, indoor terrace, Donaubräu and Donaucafé - are also suitable for your own event. More about this here.
- Total Height: 252 m
- Total Mass: 17,600 t
- How Many Stairs are there? A staircase with 779 steps and 60 platforms leads up to the viewing terrace of the Danube Tower.
- How Fast Does the Danube Tower Rotate? A complete rotation of the rotating restaurants of the Danube Tower takes either 26, 39 or 52 minutes, depending on the setting selected.
During the renovation work in 2018, the bungee jumping ramp was dismantled. Bungee jumping is therefore no longer offered.
History of the Tower
The Danube Tower was built between 1962 and 1964 for the "Vienna International Garden Show".. Danube Park was also laid out with it, the heart of which was the 252 meter high tower.
With its height, the tower replaced St. Stephen's Cathedral as Austria's tallest structure. Extensive conversion and renovation work took place in 2018 and 2019, with which, among other things, the tower restaurant and tower café were restored to the style of the 1960s.
Today, Danube Tower is not only a symbol of the style of the 1960s, but also a Viennese landmark and a popular destination. Since its opening, the tower has attracted over 420,000 visitors a year.
- Address: Donauturmplatz 1, 1220 Vienna
- Subway: U1 Alte Donau or U6 Neue Donau
- Parking: Paid parking spaces are located directly at the Danube Tower. However, these are available in limited numbers. There is also public parking on Arbeiterstrandbadstraße, just a few minutes' walk away.
- Opening times: You can find the current opening times on the Donauturm website .